All programming rooms have limited capacity as set by the Edison Fire Marshal and subject to available seating. Although your NJCE badge is required for entry into all events, it doesn’t guarantee you access to any programming session if it has reached its capacity, subject to the discretion of New Jersey Expo Center and New Jersey Comic Expo staff members. We don’t clear our programming rooms between sessions.
New Jersey Comic Expo believes in creating an environment where every attendee, exhibitor and staff member is treated with respect and dignity, and does not tolerate any act of bullying or harassment. If an attendee of any type is believed to be in violation of our rules, they will be asked to leave immediately without reimbursement of any kind. New Jersey Comic Expo employs professional security guards who enforce our rules and regulations, as do our staff members. Please report any serious incidents or concerns to a New Jersey Comic Expo Staff Member, as identified by their badge.
We have a strict policy of checking weapons to ensure that they are only props. The security guards at the entrance will check yours and place a band on it to show that it’s been approved. The responsibility to get this weapons check performed is yours, so please don’t sneak in without it. We reserve the right to deny access to anyone who presents a public safety or security issue in our sole discretion.
The following items are forbidden at NJCE:
- All firearms (including air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns)
- Replica firearms (including reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for real firearms)
- Projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows, slingshots and water guns)
- Metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades)
- Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
- Mace and pepper spray
- Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku)
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass and glass)
We allow prop weapons if they are composed of foam or cardboard only. Prop firearms are allowed only if they cannot be mistaken for real weapons. The barrel of all prop firearms must be covered with brightly-colored caps. We allow prop bows if all arrows have soft tips.